forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Forrest 0.5 outstanding issues (Re: Cleaning Forrest source directory madness)
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:22:04 GMT
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 12:02:31PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote, On 16/06/2003 11.48:
> >>About status.xml, having it in the root of the project serves a
> >>purpose, but it's more than ugly from other perspectives.
> >
> >It at least illustrates one point; that eventually we should have the
> >Forrest webapp rooted in the project root.  That way, we could
> >potentially transform anything in the project.  In particular, we could
> >use qdox/chaperon to do something useful with Java source.
>
> You're nasty ;-)
>
> I like it, excellent idea! :-)

:)

> I have the right hand side content stuff with the content pipeline
> pending too, and the eventual change in descriptors (although if we
> first decide as now to use less stuff in them it will be easier later
> on). Just to let you know I haven't forgotten it.

Yep, neither have I.

Though I keep thinking, it's been around 3 months since we did a release,
so we should probably defer all this fun descriptor stuff should be
deferred till 0.6.

We should start a list of things needed for 0.5.. so far I've got:

 - Document alternative @tab scheme, decide what can be fixed for 0.5
 - Document how aggregate HTML/PDF works
 - Upgrade Cocoon to get rid of the MIME type bug (eg *.doc becomes
   *.docnull).
 - Investigate the bug report that content/*.xml gets parsed when it
   shouldn't
 - Fix linkrewriter so it is configured once, instead of once per
   transformer
 - Speed!  Need to haul out the profiler and find out why normal Cocoon
   CLI rendering is 5-10x faster than Forrest.

Please add..

--Jeff