forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest-ized live site
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:17:24 GMT
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:08:53AM +0400, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> Thanks for reminding.
> Sites added along with Apache Cocoon site, which is also Forrestized
> already.
>
> A question to forresters: what's the difference between <link
> href="ext:..."/> and <link href="http://..."/>?

Nothing really, except with ext: you can update the link in one place,
and it's easier to remember 'ext:feedback' than
'http://www.mysite.com/foo/bar/feedback.jsp'.

> Another question: why the forrest.bar run fails with the following message:
>
> C:\Java\Apache\xml-forrest\build\dist\shbat\forrest.build.xml:542:
> This project has no content in
> C:\Java\Apache\xml-forrest\build\dist\shbat\bin\src\documentation.
> Use the 'seed' target to create a template project structure.
>
> (I added my build\dist\shbat\bin directory to system path).

Looks like you're running Forrest in a directory (bin/) that doesn't
contain a project to render.  The idea is that you add
build/dist/shbat/bin/ to your PATH, and then type 'forrest' in the
Forrest root directory (that contains src/documentation/).

--Jeff