forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikael Sitruk" <mikae...@bezeqint.net>
Subject RE: Question: adding formatting for 'xml' conent of source element
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 05:17:32 GMT
Jeff hi

The formatting/colorizing is not problem since I have already done the
color and I have also added the type attribute on the source element.
The real problem is that the source element in the DTD does NOT allow
any element in it. So each time I put XML elements there I get
validation error.

For example:
<source type="xml" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<field xsi:type="transformation-data-object-field-t" name="Reason
Headline" type="string" visible="true" description="set the backout
reason as headling">
  <source-function>
    <operand>
      <extension-function xsi:type="title-case-t" name="title-case"
class="amdocs.et.expression.implementations.builtinfunctions.TitleCase">
        <built-in-function-parameter>
          <operand>
            <value-ref xsi:type="data-object-field-reference-t"
data-object-id="Backout_Reason" field-name="Reason Desc"/>
          </operand>
        </built-in-function-parameter>
      </extension-function>
    </operand>
  </source-function>
</field>
</source>

Will not pass the validation since the elements: fields,
source-function, operand, extension-function,
built-in-function-parameter are not defined in the DTD.
Since the xml fragments are very heterogeneous and not comes from the
same schema I can't update the DTD each time I want to add an XML
sample.
Since the sample source is XML I think that the easiest way is to use
XSL to do the formatting, that's true that for other language chaperon
may be the best fit, but for the current problem I think that XSL is
enough. The only problem still remain to pass the XML validation....
Anyway I will also check your suggestion...

Mikael.S