forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1M2 works! but pdf images does not.
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 22:36:47 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Jeff,
> I am sorry to ruin your announced..
>
>> To get images in PDFs, just copy jimi.jar to lib/core and rebuild.  That
>> should be all that's necessary.
>
> That was the first thing I did, but with not luck, I did some test
> today, and the display of images display when you use a document-v11.dtd
> format works fine.
>
> Now the problem I got is the I use the sdocbook format. This is the file
> I use for the test
> and this is the error I got:
>

> 15:19:49.534 WARN!! Error for /testpdf2.pdf
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.setLogger(Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger;)V
> 16:14:12.301 WARN!! Error for /testpdf2.pdf
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/messaging/MessageHandler

It looks very much like you're missing the fop-0.20.4.jar file, which
contains this class. Have you tried to upgrade to CVS FOP recently? Are
you sure the doc-v11 PDF images work in the same Forrest installation
that sdocbook breaks in?  If so, what does the doc-v11 generated from
the sdocbook look like?  Eg., if 'index.html' is rendered from sdocbook,
request http://localhost:8888/index.xml, which will return doc-v11).

--Jeff