forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1M2 works! but pdf images does not.
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 04:25:39 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Jeff Turner dijo:
>
>>Are you sure you don't have any old jars in Forrest or your classpath?
>>Are there any errors in the Cocoon logs? (well there are usually, but
>>*unusual* errors;)
>

> Yes. I have not nothing old. I made a build.sh clean before rebuild the
> dist of forrest. Of course before all this i also update the CVS.
>
> I am also sure there is the jimi.jar file.
>
> But.... can be the a problem PNG generated from SVG? This is my case. I
> also noted that in the forrest website. In the examples there is not any
> PNG into a PDF.

Oh, yes.  PNGs generated from SVG won't work in PDFs.  This is because
FOP 0.20.x has no knowledge of how to query internal Cocoon pipelines,
so it cannot render dynamically generated images.

Keiron wrote a patch which gets CVS FOP (trunk) working with Cocoon, and
should solve the dynamic images problem.  However I don't know how
usable CVS FOP is currently.  If you want to try that, it would be
easiest to download Cocoon M2, apply Keiron's patch (in bugzilla
somewhere) and try with Forrest with a fop.jar built from CVS.

--Jeff