forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PDF generation with other than forrest-site skin?
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 02:30:38 GMT
Mark Eggers wrote:
> Well I guess I have no clue, because I don't see where
> to change things.  I see stuff in the
> document2html.xsl that refers to templates declared in
> the common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl, but I don't
> see anything in the site2xhtml.xsl that refers to pdf
> except for the credits.

document2html.xsl formats the page body. The PDF link is added in
site2xhtml.xsl, which is responsible for the overall page formatting.

> I've walked through sitemap.xmap a few times, but I
> don't see where the parameter to trip the pdf regex
> gets set.

I wouldn't worry about PDF on/off buttons just yet.  I'd suggest:

  - Playing with the
$FORREST_HOME/context/skins/avalon-tigris/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl file.
  Any change to that should be immediately visible when next you do a
'forrest run' on your site.
  - Once you're sure modifications there work, copy that file to your
project in the
src/documentation/skins/avalon-tigris/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
directory, where it will override the Forrest default (that you were
editing in the step above).  Check that modifications there work when
you do a 'forrest run'.
  - Then add a PDF link to your your overriding site2xhtml.xsl file. You
can steal HTML and an image for this from the krysalis-site skin's
site2xhtml.xsl file.

--Jeff