forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: PDF generation with other than forrest-site skin?
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 02:30:38 GMT
Mark Eggers wrote:
> Well I guess I have no clue, because I don't see where
> to change things.  I see stuff in the
> document2html.xsl that refers to templates declared in
> the common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl, but I don't
> see anything in the site2xhtml.xsl that refers to pdf
> except for the credits.

document2html.xsl formats the page body. The PDF link is added in
site2xhtml.xsl, which is responsible for the overall page formatting.

> I've walked through sitemap.xmap a few times, but I
> don't see where the parameter to trip the pdf regex
> gets set.

I wouldn't worry about PDF on/off buttons just yet.  I'd suggest:

  - Playing with the
$FORREST_HOME/context/skins/avalon-tigris/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl file.
  Any change to that should be immediately visible when next you do a
'forrest run' on your site.
  - Once you're sure modifications there work, copy that file to your
project in the
directory, where it will override the Forrest default (that you were
editing in the step above).  Check that modifications there work when
you do a 'forrest run'.
  - Then add a PDF link to your your overriding site2xhtml.xsl file. You
can steal HTML and an image for this from the krysalis-site skin's
site2xhtml.xsl file.

> I guess I'll just use the default skins until I have a
> clue.
> Thanks for the attempt at helping, anyway.
> /mde/
> just my two cents

View raw message