forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anchor placement
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 22:54:04 GMT
tom.klaasen@pandora.be wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm playing around with your stuff once again :-)
>
> I noticed that in the document DTDs, the <anchor> element can only come _after_
the <title> element in a <section>. I use the anchors the most to jump to a section.
However, because the anchor comes after the title, the browser positions itself right under
the title instead of right on it, thus hiding it at first sight. The consequence is a disoriented
user. Is there any reason not to allow the anchor element to come _before_ the title element?
That would solve this disorientation.

That's what the @id attribute is for.  <section id="blah"> creates an <a
name="blah"> in the HTML just before the section.  You can put an @id on
any element and it will have this effect.

> BTW, I'm working on a no-tables-only-divs skin, based on the krysalis skin and Movable
Type's Gettysburg skin. Would anybody be interested in this, or want to work together on this?

More skins are always good :)

--Jeff