forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Publication Template for Lenya
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 13:16:59 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Our goal is to "package" a system that makes sites and docs. ATM we use
> Cocoon, that has proved to be very versatile and adaptable. WE also use
> Ant, but would like to move to doing all in Cocoon.

What features do you want to move to Cocoon?

> Lenya is another "tool" but that builds on top of Cocoon. It adds CMS
> capabilities to Cocoon.
>
> With this in mind, it's very easy to conclude that it would be immensly
> beneficial for Forrest to be able to use Lenya as a CMS subsystem. Any
> patch that brings us in that direction is highly welcome :-)

It seems that my ideas will have a future :)

I hope we will arrive at a state that all of you can sucessfully setup
Lenya and see what it's capable of. In the meantime, I will implement a
prototype of the mentioned publication template to see how the Lenya
community thinks about it.

Thanks for your replies!

Andreas