forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Publication Template for Lenya
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 08:50:17 GMT
Hi Forrest developers,

recently I posted some RTs to the Apache Lenya list about
creating a Forrest publication template (publication
is something like the CMS environment for a website):

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.devel/189
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.devel/194

If you don't know Lenya: http://www.lenya.org

This would be a skeleton of a Forrest website including
all required Lenya features (e.g., browser-based editing using
Xopus). My idea is not to copy and manipulate this
skeleton but to keep the site and the template separated
(template files can be overriden by website files).

Existing Forrest sites that use the preset sitemaps and
stylesheets could be used within Lenya by just copying
the content and skins. Maybe it will even be sufficient
to add the site path to a Lenya configuration file, along
with some minor changes - but we would have to try that out.

My questions are:

- Do you think the Forrest community will benefit from
   such a publication template?

- Is anybody interested in helping me setting it up
   (IMHO the best way would be a build target for Forrest)?

- I would try to take care of maintaining the template
   and keeping it up to date, but it would be great if I
   wasn't the only one.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Andreas