forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to use a subdirectory
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 03:48:12 GMT
Nathaniel G. Auvil wrote:

> I am trying to use Forrest 0.4 to create my website.  I want to create a 'samples' tab
on my site.
>  So I created a 'samples' subdirectory  under 'xdocs' which i want to further divide
up later.

> In my 'tabs.xml' i create the following: <tab label="Samples" dir="samples/"/>.
I then copied the
> index.xml from the xdocs folder into the samples folder.  I did a 'forrest' command and
it did not
> transform the index.xml file in the samples directory; It created the samples tab but
that is it.
> There were no errors at the command prompt.

Are any of the samples/* files linked to in the menu? If not, perhaps
try adding a link, <link href="samples/index.html">index</link> in your
main index.xml, and try again. Cocoon's command-line recursively follows
links, so if for some reason the link in the tab doesn't work, Cocoon
will never see the samples/* files.

Also, if you do a 'forrest seed', the generated template site contains a
  subdirectory. Sometimes it's easier to work backwards from something
that works.

HTH,

--Jeff

> If i take the samples/index.xml and break the xml in it, i get an error from forrest.
So it sees