forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ENHANCEMENT] from disable to enable....
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 22:25:30 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

<snip things Nicola answered>
> My last question:
> 2-How can we print all the documents from a site at once and coherently?

I'm currently trying to do that, by creating a CInclude-aggregated XML
doc which is transformed to one big HTML/PDF. This can be done with the
technique demonstrated at:

http://cvs.apache.org/~jefft/forrest/samples/wikirenderer-site/

Two problems (at least) need solving before this can become mainstream:

1) Occasionally hand-written @id attributes from different files
conflict, and FOP doesn't like this. The IdGeneratorTransformer needs
enhancing to resolve conflicting ids.
2) It would be better to obtain the file list from site.xml instead of a
DirectoryGenerator, because site.xml classifies and orders docs, and we
want to preserve this in the aggregate doc.

--Jeff