forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "David Leangen" <dave_on_f...@konova.com>
Subject Problem with Multi-Level XIncludes
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 07:42:29 GMT

Hello,

First, let me say that I love what you guys are doing. Forrest rocks! I have
been working a bit on docbook-->document transforms, so if that can be
useful to anybody, please le me know.

I have a slight problem and was hoping somebody has already seen this issue
or can see through my stupidity ;-)

I am using Docbook and have the following setup in the
"transform-to-document" resource in my sitemap:

  <map:when test="docbook-v4.2">
    <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
    <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
    <map:transform type="xinclude"/>
    <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/rawdocbook2manual.xsl"
label="book"/>
    <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/docbook2document.xsl" />
  </map:when>

The reason I use xinclude 3 times is because Cocoon doesn't xinclude
recursively...

The first stylesheet is deals with some of the custom "features" I use in
Docbook before transforming to the document doctype.

Anyway, some of what I'm xincluding also have its own xincludes. This worked
fine for me in Cocoon, but when I try to do the same in Forrest, I keep
getting NullPointerExceptions. I should also mention that xincluding on one
level works fine in Forrest, too. It's only when I try to do multi-level
xincludes that things go wrong.

Has anybody else ever dealt with this?

Or do I need to send some more info so you can figure out what the heck I'm
talking about?

Thanks a bunch!

Dave