forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Forrest Li" <yuhu...@rogers.com>
Subject A question
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 03:09:11 GMT
Hi,guys
I'm new guy in forrest. Maybe this is a dump question:
As I understand, forrest is mainly based on Cocoon, and all the web pages have their xml file
and xslt files.
That's perfect. Problem is that during our development, maybe in the early stages, we cannot
generalize the xml and xslt.
We have only a idea that is not clear. At that stage, we would rather express it using html
file or jsp.
After a while, we want to convert them to be Cocoonable. Right?
For example, we just want to display a html file.
<h1>Hello forrest</h1>
after 2 month, we feel comfortable to convert it to be Cocoonable. The case is reasonable.
On the other hand, maybe sometimes we want to convert a legacy portal to forrest-driven little
by little.
Two scenario:
1.We convert it after we generalize all the xml and xslt;
2.Can we convert it little by little, for the part that has been made cocoonable, we put it
in the src\documentation folder,for the part that hasn't, can we just put it in another folder
under src for example "src\legacy", and when we run forrest, we first copy the content in
"src\legacy" into "webapps", then render the content in "src\documentation", so for the part
that is Cocoonable, it will bypass the legacy part, and we can fulfill the "little by little"
objective.

Mike