forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [USER POLL/VOTE] Defining tabs?
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 13:10:42 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 27/05/2003 12.29:

> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 04:49:33PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>in tab.xml
>>    <tab sitepath="about"/>
>>    <tab sitepath="about/download"/>
>>    <tab sitepath="getting-involved"/>
>>    <tab sitepath="documentation"/>
>>
>>Basically, what I mean is that it's not necessary to use ids, we can use
>>an xpath to site.xml instead.
>
> It sounds nice.  Keeps everything to do with tabs in the tabs file.
>
> I can't see how to implement this though.

Let's see...

> Thinking it through..
>
> Step 1) We get given a path (say 'foo/faq.html')
>
> What can we do with this, other than use it to look up a node in
> site.xml?  So..

Nonono, I don't want to give it a path, but a site.xml link!
It's

     <tab sitepath="about/download"/>
                 ==
     <tab url="site:about/download"/>

> Step 2) We find the node //*[@href='foo/faq.html']
>
> Now we've got this node.  We need to discover the associated tab.

Wait a sec... eh? I mean, that node *is* the associated tab, no?

   <tab sitepath="about/download"/>

means we find in site.xml the node

   //site/about/download

and render from there all the below elements.

Am I still missing something?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -