forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: A question
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 06:12:48 GMT
Mike,
Have you try to add the html pages under src/documentation/content?

On the forrest.build.xml there is a task called copy-content excluding
xdocs:

 <!-- Copy all non-xdocs content -->
  <target name="copy-content" if="real-content.present">
    <copy toDir="${project.ctxt-dir}/content" filtering="false"
      overwrite="true" failonerror="false">
      <fileset dir="${project.real-content-dir}">
        <exclude name="xdocs/**"/>
      </fileset>
    </copy>
  </target>

Is that what you want?

Cheers
Cheche

Forrest Li wrote:
> Hi,guys
> I'm new guy in forrest. Maybe this is a dump question:
> As I understand, forrest is mainly based on Cocoon, and all the web pages have their
xml file and xslt files.
> That's perfect. Problem is that during our development, maybe in the early stages, we
cannot generalize the xml and xslt.
> We have only a idea that is not clear. At that stage, we would rather express it using
html file or jsp.
> After a while, we want to convert them to be Cocoonable. Right?
> For example, we just want to display a html file.
> <h1>Hello forrest</h1>
> after 2 month, we feel comfortable to convert it to be Cocoonable. The case is reasonable.
> On the other hand, maybe sometimes we want to convert a legacy portal to forrest-driven
little by little.
> Two scenario:
> 1.We convert it after we generalize all the xml and xslt;
> 2.Can we convert it little by little, for the part that has been made cocoonable, we
put it in the src\documentation folder,for the part that hasn't, can we just put it in another
folder under src for example "src\legacy", and when we run forrest, we first copy the content
in "src\legacy" into "webapps", then render the content in "src\documentation", so for the
part that is Cocoonable, it will bypass the legacy part, and we can fulfill the "little by
little" objective.