forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [USER POLL/VOTE] Defining tabs?
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 14:49:33 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 26/05/2003 14.30:

> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 01:54:49PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>Wouldn't it work equally well if we simply show the children of a
>>site:xxx link in tabs.xml instead of the dir ones? It would even be less
>> changes for the users, but maybe I'm missing something.
>
> Sorry I'm not following. "children of a site:xxx link in tabs.xml"?

Sorry, I mean that if tabs.xml has a site:x/y/z link, then all the
children of the //x/y/z element are the ones shown.

Example from ours

site.xml:
<site ...>
   <about label="About">
   </about>
   <getting-involved label="Getting Involved">
   </getting-involved>
   <documentation label="Documentation">
   ...etc

in tab.xml
     <tab sitepath="about"/>
     <tab sitepath="about/download"/>
     <tab sitepath="getting-involved"/>
     <tab sitepath="documentation"/>

Basically, what I mean is that it's not necessary to use ids, we can use
an xpath to site.xml instead.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -