forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1M2 works! but pdf images does not.
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 14:21:54 GMT
Jeff,
I am sorry to ruin your announced..

> To get images in PDFs, just copy jimi.jar to lib/core and rebuild.  That
> should be all that's necessary.
That was the first thing I did, but with not luck, I did some test
today, and the display of images display when you use a document-v11.dtd
format works fine.

Now the problem I got is the I use the sdocbook format. This is the file
I use for the test

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Simplified DocBook XML V1.0//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/simple/1.0/sdocbook.dtd">
<article>
   <section>
     <title>Test for displaying images on sdocbook format</title>

     <figure>
       <title>figure title</title>

       <mediaobject>
         <imageobject>
           <imagedata fileref="images/forrest-credit-logo.png" />
         </imageobject>
       </mediaobject>
     </figure>
   </section>
</article>

and this is the error I got:

15:19:49.534 WARN!! Error for /testpdf2.pdf
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.setLogger(Lorg/apache/avalon/framework/logger/Logger;)V
	at
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer.setOutputStream(FOPSerializer.java:253)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:534)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:217)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:489)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:150)

... remove for better reading

I check that method, and it does exist on the maintence build. Are we
mixing versions?

I realize than there is the two jars for the distribution, is this
right?

When I remove the old one "fop-0.20.4.jar", I got this error:

16:14:12.301 WARN!! Error for /testpdf2.pdf
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/messaging/MessageHandler
	at
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer.configure(FOPSerializer.java:148)
	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.configure(ContainerUtil.java:239)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:315)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.newPoolable(ResourceLimitingPool.java:672)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.get(ResourceLimitingPool.java:402)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.PoolableComponentHandler.doGet(PoolableComponentHandler.java:231)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentHandler.get(ComponentHandler.java:408)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java:244)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.ExtendedComponentSelector.select(ExtendedComponentSelector.java:299)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setSerializer(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:315)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.setSerializer(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:198)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:133)

PLease let me know if you want me to test something else, no problem.

Cheers

Cheche