forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [USER POLL/VOTE] Defining tabs?
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 07:04:05 GMT

Juan Jose Pablos wrote, On 20/05/2003 3.21:

> Nicola,
>
> I fell so bad, I got the feeling that I did not get your proposal right.

mp.

>> Of course. But look at this:
>>
>>  <tab href="site:community"/>
>>  <tab href="site:foo2"/>

..

>> What I like to see is either that both tabs contain the full menu on
>> the left, or that each has it's own separate share of links.
>

> what  I like from the tabs was that you were allow to select only the
> navigation links relative to that directory.

Which is conceptually wrong, as the navigation is not necessarily
dependant on the dir layout, but on the link layout in site.xml.

> but do you have to write down again all the links you want for the
> navigation links on the left? if you do it like that, what is tab
> diferent from menu?

IMV it's not different. Each tab in this view should have its own set of
menus.

What Jeff has proposed is the best IMHO. It can accomodate a skin that
allows tabs to show things at the skin's wish. We'll see if the impl
will be nice enough for users.

> PS. The fact that red and green does not mix together well does not mean
> that we should removed both colors. :-)

;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -