forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [USER POLL/VOTE] Defining tabs?
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 13:28:36 GMT

We have seen that there are different interpretations about what tabs
are, so we need to just decide what forrest thinks they are.

Tabs can be seen as:

  1 - shortcuts to certain parts of the site, as tabs in a book
  2 - containers of separate parts of a site, as tabs on file folders.

In case 1 the links on the navigation are not contextualized, and the
tab is just a link, not a container. In case 2, each tab contains its
own set of navigation links.

Current implementation is a mixture of the two, where the tabs are just
links but nevertheless contextualized.

So, users and devs, what do you prefer tabs to be?

  [] 1 - shortcuts to certain parts of the site
  [] 2 - containers of separate parts of a site
  [] 3 - exactly as now

I just vote -1 for option 3, and any in 1 or 2 are fine for me.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -