forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Improving FAQ readability on FOP/faq.html
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 22:39:37 GMT
I posted this to the FOP-DEV list and they recommended I post it here
instead...

I've noticed that the TOC for the FAQ page is hard to read:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html

(perhaps others have noticed this too?). I figure, that if you remove
the hyperlink to the numbered items (leaving the links for their
sub-items), it'll probably improve readability:

* 1. General Questions (<-- remove this hyperlink)
      o What is FOP? (<-- leave these hyperlinks)
      o What can I do with FOP? (<-- leave these hyperlinks)
      ... (<-- leave these hyperlinks)
* 2. Problems running FOP (<-- remove this hyperlink)
      o yata yata (<-- leave these hyperlinks)

It might also help to put a space-before="6pt" for each of those
numbered items.

In addition, is there a reason that the "ordered" list items are
preceded by an "unordered" "bullet"? (see above)? It seems like it could
be removed.
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com