forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: how to use a subdirectory
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 15:19:29 GMT
Nicola,

>> When I was looking at tabs.xml I though that maybe we can change as
>> well the way tab works:
>>
>> from
>>
>> <tab label="Comunity" dir="comunity/"/>

>> <tab link="site:comunity"/>
>>
>> It is more flexible an easy for users to create.
>
>  >

>> What do you think?
>

> What about, in site.xml, making all top-level links tabs, and the
> contained links the navigation links?
>
> In this way the site can also have more levels of tabs, it just depends
> on the skin on how to show them. They may even not be represented as
> tabs in some skins.

so, how do you define which tabs to show/hide?

if you use the contained links as navigation links, you use the tabs
like another representation of a menu isn't it?

I think that then tabs become a horizontal menu but the only diferent is
that it hide all the other links that does not belong to its tab.

an example:

menu1
   menu1.1
   -menu1.2-
    menu1.2.1
menu2
   menu2.1
   menu2.2
   menu2.3
menu3
   menu3.1
   menu3.2
   menu3.3

Same but using tabs:

[tab1 | tab2 | tab3]
[menu1.1 | -menu1.2- ]
menu1.2.1

So the menu still display all levels and the tabs is selective to the
one the belongs to the section, Is this what you are trying to achive?

Cheers

Cheche