forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to use a subdirectory
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 13:53:17 GMT

Juan Jose Pablos wrote, On 14/05/2003 15.22:

> Nicola,
>
> maybe it not cleary what is the use of tabs?
>
> The first time I saw forrest, I thought that there a submenu, but in
> fact they are a selector base on the physical location of the pages.

Which seems to be not easy to understand, as site.xml is in fact
virtualized...

> It took me a while to understant that the first Tab is in fact the Main
> Menu, so maybe we need to change the size/ Colors of the first tab, that
> holds the whole site.
>

>  > What do others think?
>
> If site.xml is a centralized replacement, then adding tabs makes sense.

Ok.

> When I was looking at tabs.xml I though that maybe we can change as well
> the way tab works:
>
> from
>
> <tab label="Comunity" dir="comunity/"/>

> <tab link="site:comunity"/>
>
> It is more flexible an easy for users to create.
 >
> What do you think?

What about, in site.xml, making all top-level links tabs, and the
contained links the navigation links?

In this way the site can also have more levels of tabs, it just depends
on the skin on how to show them. They may even not be represented as
tabs in some skins.

Tabs came before site.xml, so we didn't know this when creating that
file. Maybe now the tiome is right to switch?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -