forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: FAQ DTD changes #2
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 19:37:18 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
>>  Add <elaboration> element to <question>.

An interesting and quite useful enhancement!
However:

>   <question>
>     How can I ...
>     <elaboration>For example, so that I could...</elaboration>
>   </question>

Mixed text works best when it is used for, well, mixed text. I
have the gut feeling that mixing text and <elaboration> at the
same level does not quite fit this model. This means the standard
text should probably also enclosed in an element in this case,
maybe like

   <question>
     <common>How can I ...</common>
     <elaboration>For example, so that I could...</elaboration>
   </question>

Further enhancements, like adding more metadata, might be easier to
fit in.

BTW will you rename the FAQ <part> to <faqsection>?

J.Pietschmann