forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject [ERROR or BUG] When generate SVG
Date Sun, 11 May 2003 10:50:46 GMT
Hi, I am here again:

Initial I configured my Tomcat to edit on the fly. I read about it in the
forrest web site. This work fine but still slow in my portable computer
with only 256 MB of RAM :(

Because that, I tought to setup the server to run Tomcat and share my
working directories from my portatil. The network shares are using Network
File Sistem (NFS) under Linux. We normally use NFS to share the servers
directories and let other people to access to tomcat edit the files and
see the changes. I know how to share with NFS.

I shared 2 directories from my portable computer and connected it into the
server under the same place:

In my portatil the path is:

/home/agallardo/forrest
/home/agallardo/myapp

In the server you get to the same place using the same paths as above.

Then I ran Tomcat. And in my browser. I can see the site, but the SVG
images written in SVG are not shown. :(

If I run Tomcat in the computer where I am working (portable), Tomcat show
the SVG images.

I searched into the logs and I found into

java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
'portatil.agsoftware.dnsalias.com:0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

I am using in both computers:

Red Hat linux 9
Sun J2SDK 1.4.1_02
Tomcat 4.1.24
Forrest O.5 dev.

Why this happened? How can I solve this error?

Many thanks in advance,

Antonio Gallardo.