forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: [USER POLL/VOTE] Defining tabs?
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 09:20:56 GMT
On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 03:10:42PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote, On 27/05/2003 12.29:
> >On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 04:49:33PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >Now we've got this node.  We need to discover the associated tab.
> Wait a sec... eh? I mean, that node *is* the associated tab, no?
>   <tab sitepath="about/download"/>
> means we find in site.xml the node
>   //site/about/download
> and render from there all the below elements.

Yes, but that's not the problem.  The problem is, how do we know we're in
the about/download tab?  We have to infer the current tab from the
current path.

Say our current path is "about/download/binaries/index.html".  This path
belongs to the "about/download" tab.  How can we know that?  What's the
algorithm in tab2menu.xsl?

Anyway, just to clarify: technical details aside, I agree with what
you're suggesting for tabs; it's just that the only implementation I can
see is an under-the-covers emulation of the @tab-in-site.xml solution.