forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [USER POLL/VOTE] Defining tabs?
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 10:44:26 GMT
On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 09:04:05AM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> What Jeff has proposed is the best IMHO. It can accomodate a skin that
> allows tabs to show things at the skin's wish. We'll see if the impl
> will be nice enough for users.

I have something implemented locally:

 - Any site.xml node can have a @tab attribute.
 - @tab attributes are like namespaces: they are inherited by child
   site.xml nodes unless overridden by a child's @tab.
 - tabs.xml <tab> elements can now have a @id identifier.
 - When rendering tabs, book2menu.xsl will render as "selected" the <tab>
   whose @id is equal to the site.xml @tab.

So, pretty simple and generic.  As for the
are-tabs-bookmarks-or-containers debate, it becomes a one-line change in
tabutils.xsl, which I'll parametrize and set to 'containers' by default.

Will commit tomorrow'ish..

--Jeff