forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel G. Auvil" <nathaniel_au...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [USER POLL/VOTE] Defining tabs?
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 14:15:44 GMT

--- Johan Andries <ja@schaubroeck.be> wrote:
> -1
>
> Obviously depends on the structure a developer wants his/her site to have. Choosing option
1 or
> 2 sounds like throwing away flexibility?

i see 1 and 3 being that same.

I am not sure i agree with that. How does it reduce flexibility?

The only problem with the current approach I have is that i can not simply create a tab entry
in
tabs.xml and have it transform the content under that tabs folder.  I think you would want
the
ability to create a link from one tabs content, whether it is the menu or text on a page,
another tab and or another tabs content.

As an example, and a shameless plug, look at http://jcharts.sourceforge.net/.  What I want
to do
is make the 'samples', 'users guide', and 'project site' tabs. There would be no links from
the
menu on the left to those tabs as they are 'self contained'.

But I would also like to be able to link from the 'samples' tab to the 'user guide' tab.
For
example, click on a sample and go to the user guide section for that chart.

My vote goes to all three; the more flexibilty there is all the better.