forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathaniel G. Auvil" <nathaniel_au...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Just a thought about site.xml
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 17:34:19 GMT

--- Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@che-che.com> wrote:
> Nathaniel,
>

> >  <tab label="Sample" dir="samples/">
> >   <menu>
> >    <about label="About">
> >     <index label="Index" href="index.html"/>
> >    </about>
> >   </menu>
> >    <tabs>
> >     <tab label="All" dir="all/">
> >      <allCharts label="All Charts" href="allCharts/">
> >     </tab>
> >    </tabs>
> >  </tab>
>
> In your example, you want to have a tab that select pages that are
> inside samples/all ?

that is the menu on that tab. I want a directory per tab.  There should be no links to material
in
that tab from anywhere except that tab (this is in my scenario that i do not want menu links
from
one tab hitting content in another tab).

The only way to create the content in a tab is to create a menu link from the main tabs menu,
into
a page on that tab.  The tab is a link already so why duplicate it?

> you can do that already, if you check on
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/community/howto/index.html, so  the tab
> select all the links inside community/howto/
>
> but you want that under the principal tab?, a kind of sub-tab:
>
>   [   Tab1   | { Tab2 } |   Tab3   ]
>   [ {Tab2.1} |  Tab2.2  |  Tab2.3 ]

yes, and you could take that to n-levels. so Tab2.2 could have Tab2.2.1, Tab2.2.2, etc...
under it
and those could have tabs under them, etc...

=====
http://nathaniel-auvil.blog-city.com/