forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: libre- where to start?
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 09:51:00 GMT
On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 08:33:12AM -0500, Garrett Steed wrote:
> Newbe question.
> Good morning: I read the doc's last week and I think I might be missing
> something. How do I start?  Do I have to turn on some feature in my
> sitemap.xmap?  Can I just put an libre.xml file in a directory if so
> which one?  I understand the concept on how to write the file but I
> don't know where to put the file or what comments I must make to
> activate it.  Any help would be great.

Unfortunately libre is more or less dead from a user POV.  The code is
lurking in the CVS attic, waiting for someone to tackle the problem of
auto-generated menus again.

In the meanwhile, it's pretty easy to generate a book.xml file from a
directory listing.  There is an example of this at:

Description of the aggregation at:

That sample project requires CVS Forrest to run though.

> Thanks so much.
> -Garrett

View raw message