forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject FAQ DTD changes #2
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 12:07:50 GMT
On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 11:46:43AM -0000, jefft@apache.org wrote:
> jefft       2003/05/05 04:46:43
>
>   Modified:    .        status.xml
>                src/resources/schema/dtd faq-v12.mod
>                src/resources/stylesheets faq2document.xsl
>   Log:
>   Add <elaboration> element to <question>.  The content of <elaboration>
is
>   displayed in the FAQ body, but not in the FAQ question list.
>          <action dev="JT" type="update" context="schemas">
>   +        Add &lt;elaborate> to the FAQ &lt;question> element, which lets
one
>   +        provide some background (elaboration) in the FAQ body without cluttering
>   +        the FAQ list.
>   +      </action>

I've found that occasionally, a question requires a lot of words to
explain.  Perhaps it includes an example, stacktrace, URL or mailing list
reference.  These long questions make the TOC hard to scan quickly.  So
the idea is to have an <elaboration> part which is only displayed in the
FAQ body:

<faq>
  <question>
    How can I ...
    <elaboration>For example, so that I could...</elaboration>
  </question>
  <answer>
  </answer>
</faq>