forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Forrest and CSS.
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 03:16:28 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> CSS (Cascade Style Sheets) can help in the skins.
> Why Forrest does not take advantage of CSS on the HTML arena?
> It would help in the skin generation:

Forrest does take advantage of CSS. The trouble is that
you are incorrectly equating the "forrest-site" skin
with "Forrest". Any skin can be used and some alternatives
are supplied.

The default "forrest-site" skin is an attempt to address browser
incompatibility. We want to ensure that there is a skin that is
still useable with older browsers and other clients. There is
stacks of discussion on this topic in the email archives.

That said, if there are any tweaks that you can make to the
"forrest-site" skin, then please send patches.

> Generate once, change the CSS and voila! We have another look
> to the site. Also this is a requirement to generate true
> HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0

That is great, if you can guarantee that all your visitors
use compliant browsers, or if you do not care.

--David