forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk.Drazeno...@t-online.de (Dirk Drazenovic)
Subject [RFE] toggle extension of generated HTML file(s)
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 16:32:09 GMT
Hello World,

After some email exchange with Nicola Ken Barozzi i want to request a
feature for forrest.

Since this is my first RFE ever, i make it short:

I would like a switch/tag/whatever that lets me specify the extension of the
resulting HTML file (e.g. .shtml, .html, .php).

Background:
I am building a site for a project on Sourceforge. SF projects have a news
facility (on the project summary pages). It is possible to retrieve these
news (by a script) as HTML an i want to include this HTML-snippet on my
frontpage (like it is done on http://krysalis.sf.net).

To do this, i include

<section>
  <title>News</title>
    <!--#if expr="true" -->
      <!--#include file="news.html" -->
     <!--#else -->
      News are only available if this page is delivered from a SSI capable
server.
    <!--#endif -->
</section>

in my index.html. The problem is, that this SSI statement are only executed
on the sf webservers, if the files are named .shtml. (Sure, i can rename
that manually, but wouldn't it be great if that would be done
automatically?)

Including a switch that would do this would be great.

Thank you, Dirk