I haven´t modified any in that area of krysalis skin. Maybe you should have a look at your document.

It should have many sections directly under the body-tag

<document>
   <head><title>  The title
      <section><title> ...
      <section><title> ...
      <section><title> ...

(menu:
* The title
  * one
  * two
  * three
)

and not under a single section-tag:

<document>
   <head><title>  The title
      <section><title> The title
          <section><title> ...
          <section><title> ...
          <section><title> ...

This will cause the menu

* The title
  * The title
    * one
    * two
    * three

Do you have an example online? With a snippet of your document.xml?

Jan Matčrne