forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject breadcrumbs.js and MS IE for Mac OS X
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:13:57 GMT
Hi,

we (Anters) recently had a report by a Mac user who still used that
broken Internet Explorer that ships with Mac OS X (instead of Safari
or Mozilla, that is).  He told us he was getting JavaScript errors at
the Ant site - and provided a patch that made the breadcrumbs work for
IE at the same time.

All we had to do was to add the snippet below to our version of
breadcrumbs.js, which we've simply stolen from Forrest.  I thought it
would be nice to give something back.

Cheers

        Stefan

/**
 * IE 5 on Mac doesn't know Array.push.
 *
 * Implement it.
 */
var abc	= new Array();
if (!abc.push) {
    Array.prototype.push	= function(what){this[this.length]=what}
}