forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <markm...@umich.edu>
Subject How to view intermediate stages of Cocoon output?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:52:56 GMT

I'm trying to enhance a skin and it would be helpful to see the XML
after site2book.xsl is applied to site.xml but before book2menu.xsl
is applied.  Likewise for the XML resulting from the book2menu
transform.

I've read the Cocoon and Forrest documentation and searched both
project's mail list archives.  It looks like what is needed is
Captor (http://outerthought.net/captor.html) but the docs say
Captor only works on Cocoon 2.0.x, not 2.1.

Is there a way to get Captor working with Forrest?

Or is there something clever that could be done in sitemap.xmap to
translate SAX events into XML without breaking later stages of the
pipeline? Or a way to post-process the output of LogTransformer to
get XML?

Thanks for any suggestions -- I'm new to all this and stumped.

(P.S.: I really like Rob's ideas for extending site.xml; his
proposals, if implemented, would help my sites a lot.  I'm a
real novice with XML/XSLT/XPath/etc. and I'm I usually write
in Perl or C rather than Java, but if there is anything I
can do to help, let me know.)

                Mark Montague
                LS&A Information Technology
                The University of Michigan