forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Egli <christian.e...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: forrest & lenya
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:37:32 GMT
"Robert Koberg" <rob@koberg.com> writes:

> Is there a forum to discuss Lenya under the Apache umbrella?

The mailing lists for lenya under Apache haven't been set up so
far.

> Perhaps the site.xml /discussion/ could occur there since there
> doesn't seem to be any interest from the developers of Forrest

If you'd like we can use the wyonacms-dev list for the discussion but
I think forrest-dev is more appropriate and will get you more
attention.

> (Did I not present it generically enough? Did I not explain it
> plainly enough? Do you need more information on any areas?).

The presentation was good. We are currently discussing the use of
site.xml for our simple default publication and I looked at your
proposal.

The main issue for us at the moment is to find the type of document
we're looking at. We have in the past used schemes where the doctype
could be inferred from the request URI. From that we move into the
appropriate pipelines. We're also looking at the Forrest
SourceTypeAction. A lot depends on the doctype.

Which brings me back to your site.xml proposal. I think we are facing
a lot of the problems you are addressing. However I'd like to keep the
site.xml a simple representation of the navigation. I'd rather attach
attributes such as css or pagination or allowed pdf generation to the
doctype itself.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich