forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs primer.xml
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:46:13 GMT

Steven Noels wrote, On 30/04/2003 14.14:
> On 30/04/2003 14:08 Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, it's all about transition. Giving deprecation is better then an
>> abrupt change, no?
>
> I see 1.2 as a goal in itself, as the successor of 1.1, fixing some long
> outstanding (*blush* again) bugs, rather than transitioning towards XHTML2.

Hmmm...

> For some strange reason, the messy semi-semantic,
> between-docbook-and-html grammar of xdocs has grown upon me, so I would
> rather not like to see its final version to be polluted with the seeds
> of the 'next generation'.

...I understand. Ok, I agree.

So would it be ok if we simply

  1 - added "xhtml2" as an extra DTD for now
  2 - translate to our DTD via XSLT
  3 - then switch the conversion around and for skins
  4 - then deprecate document dtd

> Am I old-fashioned?

Yes, but it's not relevant to this discussion ;-PPP

Just joking ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -