forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Enhance Forrest sites homepage
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:41:03 GMT

Robert Koberg wrote, On 11/04/2003 16.58:
>>I'm not sure though if I should use news and calendar... I was thinking
>>of calling them "nuggets", and aggregate them. Se we can have a news
>>nugget, a calendar nugget, etc.
>

> It seems the aversion to using the xsl document() is slowing going away on
> cocoon-dev, perhaps Forrest could try a few things out??

Let's not mix implementation problems with feature requests, ok ;-)

> How about putting these extra content pieces in the site.xml and when
> transforming and coming across these nuggets you could pull them in with the
> document function.

No need to use the document function. We can use xinclude, cinclude,
xml. What I need more is:

> Then people could add little nuggets on whatever pages they want without
> changing the base sitemap.

Yup, that's also the idea.

One thing is the nugget styler, another is the nugget content provider.
Let me explain.
A nugget could have the rss feed results. So the content is the url to
the feed. The styler is the pipeline that can present that piece of
content to Forrest. We have those basically already BTW, they are our
presentation pipelines.

So, given the above, I need to make a pipeline that gets data from Gump
descriptor, from news, and I'm done with the "get the data" part.

In site.xml then we would have OTOMH a <nuggets> section with each
nugget as a url, which can be from out of Cocoon or even internal to
Cocoon.

Seems like it makes sense, no?

> Any chance? :)

Sure :-)