forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Enhance Forrest sites homepage
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:55:10 GMT

Usually homepages are a bit more detailed than other pages of a site,
and have extra infos like news, resources, feeds, etc.

For example, one of the original mockups of Stefano had such a sction:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/resources/layout/xml.apache.org/home.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html

I have done a very similar thing for Krysalis, by injecting
Sourceforge's pages with shtml includes:
http://www.krysalis.org/index3.shtml

As you can see, the project indications on the right are much more
visible than the ones nested in teh page sections.

I would like to add these infos to the main pages of Forrest sites, and
make these useable similarly to the search box (ie disable=false stuff
in skinconf).

There would be sections taken from gump's descriptor, if present, and
sections taken from status.xml.

What do you guys think, shall I give it a shot?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -