forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Linking to javadoc output from a Forrest site
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:43:02 GMT
Hello,

First, thanks to the developers of Forrest, it is a really cool tool. I
have been using it for an internal project and I found the flexibility
excellent.

There is one issue I have not been able to resolve, probably because of
my limited knowledge of Cocoon.

I am trying to add links to generated javadoc and I can't seem to find
the right way to do it. I see in:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html

that there is some plans to add java: schemes, but what I am trying to
do is fairly simple: I want to link to a resource which is not generated
by Forrest such as some plain pre-existing html file that should not be
touched up (i.e., not ehtml like in the example) or a pre-existing image
which is not in the xdocs/images directory but at a URI that can be
defined relative to the xdocs directory.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide. So far, the best
solution I have come up with is to use the ext: scheme:

   <index lable="Javadoc" href="ext:javadoc/index.html" />

   <external-refs>
     <myProject href="http://mycompany.com/myproject/" >
       <javadoc href="docs/javadoc/" />
     </myProject>
   </external-refs>

but that does not answer my need: I want the javadoc URI to be a
relative URI, not an absolute URI.

Btw, I am using the Maven layout as described in the Getting started guide.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,
Vincent Hardy.