forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest & lenya
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:22:28 GMT
on 4/7/03 5:06 PM Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> dear forrest community,
>
> a while back there was some discussion about possible synergies
> between lenya and forrest. we now made a first step by turning
> forrest into a lenya publication. what does this mean?
>
> - xdoc files can be edited through the web by using xopus:
>   http://blog.wyona.com/images/xopus-xdoc.jpg
>   demo: http://195.226.6.70:8080/lenya/docs-new/introduction.html
>
> - access to authoring is protected by the lenya authorization
>   framework
>
> - publishing of files, revision control and scheduling can
>   easily be added

Wow, *very* cool. It sure looks nice from the outside, even if since i
recently turned into a mac user, xopus doesn't work for me. :/

> to eat our own dogfood, we are building the lenya documentation
> on top of this proof of concept.

Nice!

> we started with the webapp
> target in forrest, and stripped it down until it ran inside
> cocoon. we had to apply a trivial patch to the forrest sitemap
> to make it work.
>
> where do we go from here?
>
> - make it easier to stay in sync with forrest changes, maybe
>   through a new build target in forrest

Hmmm, I don't know if it's better to have it parallel to forrest or as a
subproject. What do others think?

For sure, Lenya has much more appeal here than in cocoonland since it's
content-oriented nature.

> - allow editing of site.xml through the browser

that would be *very* nice.

> - hook up bitflux editor

is bitflux able to work on mozilla?

> - investigate the use of site.xml as navigation framework inside
>   lenya

that would clearly help the integration.

> if you want to play with the code, it is available in our cvs at
> cvs -d :pserv:anonymous@cvs.wyona.org/usr/local/repositories co lenya
>
> i hope you find these experiments useful :)

I'm downloading right now.

expect comments real soon.

--
Stefano.