forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Navigation problem
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:00:05 GMT
On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:45:25AM +0200, Ines Robbers wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> > Why do you think its invalid?
>
> I wanted to build a site of the sample so when I typed cd
> C:\Dokumente...\Forrest Projekte\xinclude-demo>forrest
> it told me that it could not validate index.xml

Hm.. perhaps try copying it to a directory that doesn't contain spaces;
C:\xinclude-demo

Can you run 'forrest -v validate' and post the results?

Just just downloaded xinclude-demo.tgz and verified that it builds with
Forrest 0.4

> > If you're using an XML editor, it needs to be pointed to both
> > the catalog file in
> > src/documentation/resources/schema/catalog, and that in the
> > Forrest distribution.
>
> I don't understand what you mean by this. I'm just using notepad. Is
> there anything I have to install before the sample works? Do I have to
> do anything with catalog?

No, you only need to deal with catalogs if you're using an XML editor
that validates the XML.  The 'forrest validate' command uses it
automatically.  More info at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/validation.html

--Jeff