forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: newbie: SourceTypeAction, wiki.xlex
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:33:10 GMT
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 01:37:57PM +0200, Nicolas Wettstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am relatively new to cocoon and forrest and I have 2 problems with the
> cvs version:
>
> 1. SourceTypeAction
>
> The org.apache.cocoon.acting.sourcetypeaction.SourceTypeAction class is
> referred to in forrest.xml, but is not contained by any jar file in the
> WEB-INF directory. I found the class in xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar, but
> as part of a different package: org.apache.forrest.components.sourcetype
> and using that one, I get the webapp to work. Is there a library missing
> in cvs, is there a bug in forrest.xml or am I doing something wrong?

Are you perhaps trying to run a CVS Forrest website in Forrest 0.4?  CVS
Forrest uses a different sitemap syntax, and different components to that
used in 0.4, so projects that use a custom 0.4 sitemap will not work in
CVS, and vice-versa.  In particular, Forrest 0.3 and 0.4 uses
org.apache.forrest.components.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction, whereas
forrest.xmap in CVS has switched to
org.apache.cocoon.acting.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction.

> 2. wiki.xlex
>
> I have installed Jeff Turner's wikirenderer webapp and when trying to
> look at wiki/index.html I get the following exception:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error during resolving of
> 'resources/grammars/wiki.xlex'.:
> org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Resource not found
> file:/home/nwettstein/project/sample/build/webapp/resources/grammars/wiki.xlex
>
> I have looked all over for this file and couldn't find it... Is it
> missing in cvs?

Again, depends if you're using 0.4.  The wikirenderer webapp will only
work with latest CVS, where resources/grammars/*, where those files are
definitely present:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-forrest/src/resources/grammars/

> Thank you for your help!
>
> Finally, I would like to thank you for developing such a great piece of
> sortware! Keep it going!

Thanks:)

--Jeff