forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NullPointerExceptions
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:34:21 GMT
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 08:41:31AM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 05:03:27PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >
> >>The current version of Forrest is incompatible with Avalon's
> >>sitemap.xmap, so I attempted to remove it.  Things seemed to
> >>go ok, except we have the recursive directory problem again,
> >>and a NullPointerException that is constantly repeated
> >>(included below).
> >>
> >>I am having a hard time finding where the link is that is not
> >>being processed properly, so I am at a loss.
> >>
> >>java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>       at
> >>org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.release(AbstractEnvironment.java:475)
> >

> >I'm also getting these errors when, for example, I try to render the
> >Forrest 0.4 docs with CVS Forrest.  This might require a Cocoon upgrade
> >to fix.
> >
> >In the meanwhile, which codebase are you trying to render, and what's
> >wrong with Forrest 0.4?  Forrest 0.5 is going to be
> >backwards-incompatible for sites that have a custom sitemap, so it's best
> >to stick to 0.4 for as long as possible.  We can do a 0.4.1 release if
> >there's any bugs you need fixed.
>

> I want to remove the custom sitemp--I don't even know why it was there
> in the first place.  However, I am getting those errors without any
> sitemap at all.

If you mean avalon-site, the custom sitemap is there to stop the broken
links to nonexistent subdirectories like framework/

    154       <map:view name="links" from-position="last">
    155         <!-- AVALON MODIFICATION -->
    156         <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/filterlinks.xsl" />
    157         <!-- /AVALON MODIFICATION -->
    158          <map:serialize type="links" />

It also adds xinclude transformers for the Docbook files.  AFAIK both
these changes have been rolled into CVS Forrest's sitemap.  No idea what
causes it.  Any particular reason you're trying to use CVS Forrest?

--Jeff