forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: scalation
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:55:30 GMT
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:12:00PM +0200, Jan Bromberger wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:05:07PM +0200, Jan Bromberger wrote:
> 45 minutes for the static site build, sure :) I tried out "forrest war" and
> deployed it into tomcat 4.0.6 LE  and "forrest run" but got empty pages for
> every request (/, index.html, index.xml, ds8arig.foo, ...). I have been
> working with cocoon for some time now but failed to find out any potetial problem
> in the sitemap. Is this a known issue? The default wars are running.

I've just done a 'build war' on the Forrest 0.4 directory and deployed
the war in Tomcat 4.0.4 without problems.  'forrest run' also works.

Are you using JDK 1.3 or 1.4?  If the webapp is built with JDK 1.3, it
will have xerces and xalan jars in WEB-INF/lib/, whereas under 1.4 it
expects Tomcat or the JVM to supply them.  The XML jars bundled with 1.4
are old/buggy, hence the note:

  "If using JDK 1.4 or above, make sure to set the Java environment
  variable -Djava.endorsed.dirs=./build/dist/shbat/bin/../lib/endorsed
  Eg, in the TOMCAT_OPTS (3.3.x) or CATALINA_OPTS (4.x) env variable."

--Jeff