forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NullPointerExceptions
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 04:05:02 GMT
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 05:03:27PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> The current version of Forrest is incompatible with Avalon's
> sitemap.xmap, so I attempted to remove it.  Things seemed to
> go ok, except we have the recursive directory problem again,
> and a NullPointerException that is constantly repeated
> (included below).
>
> I am having a hard time finding where the link is that is not
> being processed properly, so I am at a loss.
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.release(AbstractEnvironment.java:475)

I'm also getting these errors when, for example, I try to render the
Forrest 0.4 docs with CVS Forrest.  This might require a Cocoon upgrade
to fix.

In the meanwhile, which codebase are you trying to render, and what's
wrong with Forrest 0.4?  Forrest 0.5 is going to be
backwards-incompatible for sites that have a custom sitemap, so it's best
to stick to 0.4 for as long as possible.  We can do a 0.4.1 release if
there's any bugs you need fixed.

--Jeff