forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: link element with html suffix appended by Forrest
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:15:39 GMT
On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 07:22:26PM +0200, Luca Morandini wrote:
> Luca Morandini wrote:
> >Folks,
> >
> >a simple (I guess) question: why Forrest keep adding ".html" to the href
> >of my link elements ?
> >
> >I mean:
> >
> ><link href="geoid-0.1.0.jar"
> >    title="Geoid download">
> >    geoid-1.0.0.jar
> ></link>
> >
> >is translated as:

> >    geoid-1.0.0.jar
> ></a>
> >
> >which is not what I had in mind.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >---------------------------------------------
> >               Luca Morandini
> >               GIS Consultant
> >              lmorandini@ieee.org
> >http://utenti.tripod.it/lmorandini/index.html
> >---------------------------------------------
> >

> Luca,
>
> it seems that Forrest, in case of a missing link (as it was in your
> case), automatically appends an ".html" suffix to the value of href,
> hoping to mend that missing link somehow.
>
> Mind ! This ain't a bug... it's a feature :)

Hi Luca,

This Luca fellow's got it a bit wrong; it's not really a bug or feature
(perhaps 'limitation' might work..).

The root problem is that the sitemap doesn't know how to serve the
resource 'geoid-0.1.0.jar'.  The default sitemap allows you to put raw
content files into src/documentation/content/, from where they'll be
served without a prefix.  So if you have
src/documentation/content/geoid-0.1.0.jar, then index.html could have
<link href="geoid-0.1.0.jar">geoid</link>, and everything should work.
The seed project ('forrest seed') has an example of this.

HTH,

--Jeff