forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Sitemap user visibility and scope in Forrest
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:33:46 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:22:18AM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote, On 15/04/2003 11.16:
> >If you can explain exactly what you propose (I've made several wrong
> >guesses already) that would help.
> Have that our page layout, that now comprises of header, tabs,
> navigation, body and footer, also can contain "nuggets", that is small
> pieces of information. These can be newsfeeds, infos, logos, publicity,
> whatever. They are not central to a page but are also on it.
> As we configure tabs out of the sitemap, i want to configure nuggets out
> too, in the same way. Hence I will have a section:
>  <nuggets>
>    <nugget src=""/>
>    <nugget src=""/>
>    <nugget src=""/>
>  </nuggets>
> AS we have a tabs.xml, shall we have a nuggets.xml? Dunno, that's yet to
> decide later . What I want to decide now is that we decide if we want to
> require users to edit sitemaps to get standard features.

Hold on, you haven't finished explaining your alternative to sitemap

So we've got this <nuggets> section sitting somewhere.  What does @src
specify?  A Cocoon pipeline?  <nugget src="cocoon:/news.xml"/> perhaps?
Now what do we do with this <nuggets> XML?

And my original question: how does the user specify what nuggets a page
has?  Does it work the same way tabs do; nuggets are on/off depending on
whether their @href matches the current path?