forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Enhance Forrest sites homepage
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:08:13 GMT
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 05:41:03PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >Then people could add little nuggets on whatever pages they want without
> >changing the base sitemap.
>
> Yup, that's also the idea.
>
> One thing is the nugget styler, another is the nugget content provider.
> Let me explain.
> A nugget could have the rss feed results. So the content is the url to
> the feed. The styler is the pipeline that can present that piece of
> content to Forrest. We have those basically already BTW, they are our
> presentation pipelines.
>
> So, given the above, I need to make a pipeline that gets data from Gump
> descriptor, from news, and I'm done with the "get the data" part.
>
> In site.xml then we would have OTOMH a <nuggets> section with each
> nugget as a url, which can be from out of Cocoon or even internal to
> Cocoon.

So as a user, how do I configure my Sourceforge site's home page to have
inline content from a news RSS feed?  Do I edit the sitemap, adding the
RSS feed inside a <map:aggregate>, or does Forrest provide a layer of
abstraction above this?  I assume a 'layer of abstraction' implies using
CInclude or something, not <map:aggregate>?

--Jeff

(on his don't-hide-the-sitemap-its-your-friend soapbox)