forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Enhance Forrest sites homepage
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:58:46 GMT
Hi,

It seems the aversion to using the xsl dopcument() is slowing going away on
cocoon-dev, perhaps Forrest could try a few things out??

How about putting these extra content pieces in the site.xml and when
transforming and coming across these nuggets you could pull them in with the
document function. There could be a Forrest URIResolver set up to handle the
requests:

class ForrestURIResolver implements URIResolver {

   public ForrestURIResolver() {
   }

   public Source resolve(String href,String base) {
    boolean valid_request = whatever.isValid(href);
    if (valid_request) {
      return new StreamSource((File)whatever.getFileOrSomething(href));
    }
  }
}

Then people could add little nuggets on whatever pages they want without
changing the base sitemap.

Any chance? :)

-Rob